Getting a good night’s rest might be easy for some, but for those who struggle, it can be challenging to function once the sun rises. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that up to 70 million Americans have a sleep or wakefulness disorder. Here are some safe, natural ways you can make it easier to drift off to dreamland.
- Lavender oil. Add a few drops of it to a cup of non-caffeinated tea before bed and you’ll calm down your nervous system.
- Passion flower. This can also be found oil-form, and it can be added to any beverage. Passion flower is thought to eliminate mental worry and the side effects of exhaustion.
- Bed linen spray. You can create a spray with a four-ounce spray bottle, 1.5 ounces of distilled water and about 40 drops of a soothing essential oil (e.g., lavender, chamomile). Use this spray on your bed pillow and linens – the aromas will help you drift off to sleep.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture may be able to reduce sleep disturbance and eliminate chronic pain, which is a common problem for people who find trouble resting. A certified acupuncturist can work with you to heal naturally and discover more relaxation.
- Meditation. A guided meditation can help you wind down and put your mind in a better position to slip into sleep. Whether you meditate for five minutes or 15, the effects can be enough to combat the stimulation of the day.
For more information on how you can resolve your sleep problems and any other wellness issues, contact me today.